Effective May 25th, 2018, last update July 10th, 2020,
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site or use the Service, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site or use the Service, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site or the Service. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
How do we obtain your data?
The data collected by the Site and Service is directly provided by you. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for our product & services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data (including anonymised) indirectly from the following sources:
- Third party marketing & analytics platforms that keep track of your behaviour throughout the web utilising tracking technologies based on cookies, IP and “fingerprinting”
- Through an affiliate, partner, business connection that has explicit approval and/or consent beforehand from you to provide such data.
We collect Device & Behavioural Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. The Site & Service use the following cookies:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on the Site & Service and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
More details on cookies we use can be found here:
Cookies set by Roomzilla:
|_rz2_session||Essential||Used to keep track of sessions and distinguish users||Session|
|inside||Essential||Used to keep track userless authentication||1 month|
|host_email||Essential||Used to remember user form data||3 months|
|host_first_name||Essential||Used to remember user form data||3 months|
|host_last_name||Essential||Used to remember user form data||3 months|
|remember_me||Essential||Used to remember user form data||3 months|
Cookies set by third parties for Roomzilla WWW and app:
|New Relic||JSESSIONID||Analytics||Set by New Relic||Used to track user visits on the website and in-app activity|
|fr||Analytics||Set by Facebook||Used to track user visits on the website and in-app activity|
|Userengage||__cfduid||Analytics||Set by Userengage||Used to track user visits on the website and in-app activity|
|Userengage||_ueuuid||Analytics||Set by Userengage||Used to track user visits on the website and in-app activity|
|Userengage||sessionid||Analytics||Set by Userengage||Used to track user visits on the website and in-app activity|
|Userengage||__ca__chat||Analytics||Set by Userengage||Used to track user visits on the website and in-app activity|
|__utma||Analytics||Set by Google||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|__utmb||Analytics||Set by Google||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|__utmc||Analytics||Set by Google||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|__utmz||Analytics||Set by Google||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|_ga||Analytics||Set by Google||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|_gcl_au||Analytics||Set by Google||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|_gid||Analytics||Set by Google||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|Full Story||fs_uid||Analytics||Set by Full Story||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|_hjid||Analytics||Set by Facebook||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|G2||_session_id||Analytics||Set by G2||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|HotJar||_BEAMER_FIRST_VISIT_zeKLgqli17986||Analytics||Set by HotJar||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
|gtm_auth||Analytics||Set by Google||Used to track user visits to the website and app|
User data stored by Roomzilla in-app:
|Users name & last name||Reservation details||Needed to display reservation details||Until user permission revoked|
|Users name & last name||User profile||Needed for user recognition||Until user permission revoked|
|Users email||Reservation details||Needed to display reservation details||Until user permission revoked|
|Users email||User profile||Needed for authorization and communication purposes||Until user permission revoked|
|Users phone number||User profile||Needed for authorization and communication purposes||Until user permission revoked|
|Users company name||User profile||Needed for authorization and communication purposes||Until user permission revoked|
You can set your browser not to accept cookies (please refer to your specific browser’s instructions). However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- “Tracking scripts” track your behavior within the Site or Service, it includes data such as IP address, estimated location, pages you browse within our Site or Service, Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps, interactions with Roomzilla staff.
The behavior tracking is anonymous up until you provide your email address and/or name when it becomes associated with your anonymous profile and the historic data we gathered about your activity using “Cookies”
Additionally when you start using the Service, we collect certain “Personal Information” from you, including your name, email address, company name and optionally billing details of your company or your phone number. When you use the service we also store information about the reservations you make. Apart from name and email, this information includes the location, date, time and claimed purpose of the meeting. In order to fully use the service you only have to provide a relevant email address. Other reservation details can be random.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When you visit the Site or use the Service we use the Personal Information to:
- To provide the services and personalize user experience – especially facilitate the usage of Site and Service by using Cookies to remember settings and preferences of the users; send automatic notifications from the system informing you about your activity (e.g. creating a reservation).
- For research and analytical purposes – especially to optimize the Site, track traffic, analyze user behavior to be able to provide a better experience to our users,
- To stay in touch with you & for marketing purposes, especially to inform you about product updates, provide assistance, inform about offers and promotions, tailor marketing offers based on you activity on and off our Site and Service as well as drive engagement with the Site or Service which includes but is not limited to automated email marketing, chat messages, onboarding email sequences. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the partner companies listed in the next clause. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us on email@example.com
- For security purposes, especially to be able to identify abuse of the systems or potential breaches. Other consensual uses, not listed above, where we explicitly ask you for your personal data, stating what is the purpose of their use.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We work with third parties to improve our product or support our operations as well as parties which provide consulting, sales, technical, support and/or managerial services. We always make sure that the third parties comply with both ours & regional data protection policies and we only share the information that is required to provide a specific service. A list of the current third parties services we use can be found here:
- Pipedrive – Customer Relationship Management Software to better service our clients
- HelpScout – Customer Service Tool
- User.com – marketing & customer automation tool
- SendGrid – email tool
- Autopilot – marketing & customer automation tool
- Google Analytics – analytics software
- Google Calendar
Our Service may include certain interactions with third-party websites or applications. This functionality may involve the third-party operator giving us certain information, including Personal Data. When you register with the Service for example, you may have an option to link your account to a third party account (e.g. Google) to help the registration, log in and transaction process, or otherwise. If we offer and you choose to use this functionality in our Service, the third-party may send your Personal Data to Roomzilla. We will treat it as Personal Data under this Policy because we collect it as a result of you using our Service.
We may also provide third-party sites’ interfaces or links in the Service to help you send communications. For example, a share button for emailing links via the Service. These third parties may keep information used or provided in communications or other activities. These third parties’ practices are not subject to this Policy. Roomzilla may not control or have access to your communications through these third parties.
When you use third party services, they are responsible for their practices. We can only vouch for our services and policies, and cannot be responsible for their practices. Be sure to review third-party policies before using their tools on our Service.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
How we handle payments
If you are a European resident, you have the following rights that we would like to make you fully aware of:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill a contract we might have with you (for example if you use the Site or Service), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, specifically to the United States where our company’s legal seat as well as operating centers of some of our third-party partners are located.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Additionally, for California residents, the following section outlines our compliance under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”In terms of your information that we have collected for the past 12 months:
- You can view what we collect & how we collect it under the sections labelled “How do we obtain your data?” & “We collect Device & Behavioural Information using the following technologies”
- The reasons for us collecting said data can be viewed under the section “How do we use your personal information?”
- Who we share this data with, and why is listed under “Sharing your personal information with third parties”
- Within certain limitations, you have the right to know how your data is collected, stored, shared and used. Please contact us on <email>.
- Within certain limitation, you have the right to delete your personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring,
- You will not be discriminated against for exercising these rights mentioned in the above two points (directly above this point).
- When contacting us, a government ID may be requested to verify your identity. You can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on on your behalf within the permissible extent allowed under CCPA
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
Additionally, for US residents, our Site is advertised to a general audience and to the best of our capabilities we aim to only promote it to an 18+ audience. We do not offer our Service to anyone below the age of 18. In compliance with COPPA, we especially strive to ensure we do not target nor collect personal information of children under the age of 13. In accordance with COPPA and other applicable laws, we purge any such personal information from our database should we become aware of it. If you are a parent or guardian and your child has provided us with personal information, please make us aware immediately by contacting us here. We will handle the matter undertaking full compliance with immediate effect upon such notice.
When you start using the Site or Service, we will maintain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
One Broadway, Cambridge, MA, 02142, United States